Monday, February 10, 2014

Marriage...


          My mother told me just now that so it is true that when a child is young, she is a mother's daughter but she has grown up, she is the father's daughter. Hello and assalamualaikum everyone. I am Adelin and I am the owner of this blog. :) Today I'd like to share a story about my family's view on marriage.

          I am the only girl in my family as well as the eldest among my siblings. My mother always reminds me that my due date to get marry is on 2016 when I am 25 years old. She even said that 25 is already late to get married. She prefer to have me get married earlier than that. She often tell me stories about her friends who got married late. She said that it is a loss of years because when you are 40, you just got 2 children who are under 6 years old. I guess it has something to do with fertility and age. That is why most Asian women prefer to get married at an early age. My mother also mentioned about the mood. Women who are successful and still not married tend to think that they can live without men. Thus, the thought of marriage slowly disappears as they achieve more and more success.

          That was how my mother look at marriage. I always told her that I am going to get married when I'm rich. I know that if I were to stick to that, marriage seem to be impossible for me because there is no way I am going to be rich anytime soon. Honestly, I am ready for it mentally but not physically. I still don't have financial support because I still have another 1 semester to go and I still need to look for jobs with consistent income. I don't want to burden my husband-to-be because I have my own needs and I don't want to completely depend on him to get everything that I need. I think he can die because of that. Haha. However, according to Islam, a wife is to depend completely on her husband and be loyal to him. I agree but perhaps due to the new era nowadays where women work, I don't think it is a problem if the wife wants to work in order to help the husband with the family's financial.  
         
          Alhamdulillah. I have a stable boyfriend at the moment. It has been a year and a half since we decided to be an item. Actually, in Islam they don't allow this kind of relationship. Being a couple without any knot. But, I can't help myself from falling in love with someone. It has something to do with the hormone. I don't know how but I have thoughts of settling down with him when we first know each other. I just knew that he is the one for me. I love him and I want to live the rest of my life with him till Jannah. I hope that Allah S.W.T will make things easier for us to be husband and wife soon. Insyallah.

          I am glad that both my parents have presented green light for our relationship. And now my mother kept on asking when my boyfriend's family would come for 'merisik'. :)

Alhamdulillah. May Allah bless our relationship.

I love you baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment