Monday, July 4, 2011

Kampung Morten - the heart of Malacca







Hey guys. Apa khabar? Well that means how are you in Bahasa Malaysia? :) I've not updated my blog for a couple of weeks and it is a very long time I must say. So, as you can see, I've posted some photos of a traditional Malaysian house. For your information, the kampung house is called as 'Rumah Melaka' - the Malaccan kampung house.

If you watch carefully at the photos, would you believe me if I tell you that the house is a replica. The carpenter who made the replica is a very simple man who is really good at doing the details. I was amazed the first time looking at it and still am amazed looking at the photos. The details you can see at all parts of the house are the exact details you can find in the real house.

If you wish to see the hand made Malaccan kampung house in reality. You can always come to Kampung MORTEN in Melaka. It is a very famous tourist spot and the place has been preserved by the government and the residents for a long time especially after it was renowned as the 'World heritage site' by the UNESCO. You don't have to worry about the people for they are very friendly people and trust me, they will be enlightened by your presence there, in Kampung Morten.




No comments:

Post a Comment